Dedicated, mature educator with a passion for helping students to reach their fullest potential. Over twenty years experience working with children of all ages as a volunteer and 12 years working in a classroom environment. Specializes in working with students in multi-grade classrooms.
Florence Lombard Christian School Saco, ME
Multi-grade Teacher/Principal 2010-present
- Called to reopen Florence Lombard Christian School after being closed for several years.
- Collaboratively planned design of classroom in new addition of the church.
- Updated curriculum in order to meet current standards.
- Updated equipment and installed a computer lab in classroom.
- Actively involved in planning for recruitment and marketing of the school.
- Effectively managed and taught grades K, 1, 3, 4, and 7.
- Collaboratively worked with school board in order to plan, control, and direct overall activities for students; including outreach in the community and student discipline.
- Successfully implemented new Pathways language arts program and new Hunter grading system.
- Coordinated and directed successful International Festival, science fair, youth church services and Christmas programs.
- Assessed students through the use of anecdotal records; rubrics; portfolios; and achievement, written, and oral tests.
- Increased student achievement test scores by 20 percent.
Pine Tree Academy Freeport, ME
First and Second Grade Teacher 2008-2010
- Taught first and second grade in a classroom consisting of 14 multicultural students using a variety of teaching methods in order to meet individual needs.
- Updated curriculum in order to fully implement Pathways language arts program.
- Created a yearly thematic lesson plan integrating Bible, social studies and science with Pathways language arts.
- Implemented the use of learning centers in order to accommodate the instruction of small guided reading groups.
- Conducted and assessed reading/writing workshops.
- Implemented the use of manipulatives in order to assist in the mastery of math concepts.
- Effective communication to parents through weekly newsletters, email, and personal contact.
- Collaboratively working with elementary teachers in order to plan outreach, fieldtrips, and academic activities.
Cady Memorial School Conway, NH
Multi-grade Teacher/Principal 2004-2008
- Effectively managed and taught grades K-8 in a multi-grade classroom over a period of four years.
- Updated curriculum to meet current standards and redesigned classroom to accommodate and meet the needs of students in grades 1-2.
- Designed and implemented lesson plans according to state and district standards.
- Integrated technology across curriculum providing additional classroom resources and enabling hands-on use of computer equipment.
- Planned, conducted, and assessed reading/writing workshop for grades K-8.
- Designed and implemented thematic units of study-integrating social studies, science, math, art, and language arts.
- Prepared and presented principal’s reports to school board.
- Planned and administered disciplinary procedures in collaboration with the school board.
- Coordinated and implemented extra activities such as a science fair, an International Festival, Christmas plays/programs, Valentine's dinner for the elderly, youth church services, and community outreach programs.
Moultonborough Central School Moultonborough, NH
1:1 SPED Aide for Student with Disability of Mental Retardation 1999-2001
- Provided instructional support to the student.
- Obtained thorough knowledge of content and intent of student’s IEP.
- Participated in planning sessions with SPED Teacher and implemented instructional modifications as necessary.
- Prepared instructional materials.
- Maintained anecdotal records and collaborated with SPED Teacher in preparing progress reports.
Cady Memorial School Conway, NH
Instructional Aide/Substitute Teacher 1989-1990
- Participated in planning sessions with classroom teacher and assisted in classroom instruction.
- Supervised students during recess and field trips.
- Designed classroom bulletin boards.
- Substituted during teacher’s absences; implementing lesson plans.
- Assisted teacher in maintaining grade book.
Atlantic Union College So. Lancaster, MA
Master of Education: Focus on Curriculum and Instruction July 2010
Graduated with a GPA of 4.00
Bachelor of Liberal Arts: Focus on Elementary Education July 2007
Graduated summa cum laude with GPA of 3.975
Professional Training and Workshops:
- The Writing Workshop Kit: What it’s all About (Webinar) Feb.7, 2012
- Visual Thesaurus: More than an Interactive Dictionary and Thesaurus(Webinar) Feb. 1, 2011
- Pathways: Principles of Assessment (Webinar) March 1, 2011
- Resources for Organizing Pathways in the Multi-Grade Classroom (Webinar) Feb. 1, 2011
- Corel: Software Suite (Webinar) Jan. 20, 2011
- Atlantic Union Pastor/Teacher Convention Aug 2009
- Choice Theory Workshop Aug. 15-17, 2007
- NAD Teacher’s Convention/Nashville, Tennessee Aug. 6-9, 2006
- Pathways Language Arts Workshop April 3-5, 2006
- Reading/Writing Workshop April 2, 2006
- Social Studies Workshop (Prentice Hall) Dec. 3-4, 2005
- New Teacher’s In-service Aug. 2-5, 2004
Elementary Education Professional Certification
Jr. Academy Certification for Bible, Language Arts, Science, and History
North American Division Office of Education
of Seventh-day Adventists Expires Aug. 2015
American Red Cross Aug. 2011-2013
NH/ME Certifiable Current
Previous and Current Leadership Roles:
VBS Director 1987-1995
Children’s Division Teacher in Local Church 1979-1995
Breathe Free Seminars and Vegetarian Cooking Schools 1980-2002
Adult Sabbath School Teacher 1995-present
Local Church Elder 1995-present
Furnished upon request